[board-discuss] @libreoffice.org mail accounts

Hello,

thanks to the very kind sponsoring of Heinlein-Support from Berlin (http://www.heinlein-support.de), we can now technically offer @libreoffice.org e-mail boxes with IMAP and SMTP, plus webmail, and some nice features like server-side filtering with Sieve.

Before we can offer these addresses to all our members, we need to come up with a terms and conditions document for legal reasons, plus we need to incorporate the account creation into the membership management software. We are working on that, but I expect this to take a bit, so my personal (!) estimation is that we can start handing accounts in May.

However, I would like to make a first start with the mail accounts on a small basis, and would like to propose to hand out one account for every individual being a part of:

- the current board of directors (plus deputies)
- the current membership comittee (plus deputies)
- the current admin team (for technical evaluation and documentation reasons)

This will help in gaining experience and improve the documentation for our official start.

Legal disclaimer, until we have some in-depth legal documents later on:

- You may only use those addresses for TDF-related activites.
- The accounts may vanish by accident or may be deleted at anytime.
- We do spam and virus filtering, so e-mails might get dropped without your knowledge. Never use this account for any critical messaging. - There is no legal obligation whatsoever by TDF to provide this service, to keep your address in the future, or to do any backup of the data. Neither there are any availability guarantees, and you use those addresses at your own risk. - You may not claim to legally or PR-wise speak on behalf of TDF just because you have a @libreoffice.org e-mail address. Legal representation is defined in our statutes, media contacts are appointed as outlined on our website.

What do people think? I see that having some early adopters may make others jealous, but before starting on a large basis with ~150 accounts, I would like to gain some experience, and having people test who are officially members of TDF bodies sounds senseful to me.

NB: Before we have terms and conditions, I will *not* accept any other request for accounts for legal reasons, so please do *not* send me any "beta test" inquiries. I will discard them, for legal reasons.

Thoughts welcome.