Re: [board-discuss] buying a new server

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 22:30 +0100, Florian Effenberger wrote:
we just experienced a disk failure on our mirror server - the
hardware/kernel is simply too old for having SSDs working properly, so
we right now have to switch back to the normal SATA disks, which are
rather slow.

        Unfortunate indeed.

I therefore will request tomorrow in the BoD call to buy another
machine, to solve that issue. The invested time already justifies
investing into additional hardware.

        Sounds like an obviously correct decision to me - I assume it'll be sub
$2k or so ?

        ATB,

                Michael.