CeBIT travel funding

Hello,

next week, the CeBIT trade show in Hannover takes place, and I have a talk in the Open Source Forum on LibreOffice and TDF, introducing the community and the foundation. Plus, I am invited to another event, where I cannot disclose details yet in the public, since it's a surprise. :wink:

However, I lack the financial possibilites to get there with my own money, so I'd like to ask for a travel funding. Unfortunately, the train ride is a bit expensive with estimatedly approx. 130 €, but that being said, I have a free place to sleep, so no hotel costs occur.

I'd therefore like to ask the BoD for approving a travel funding, paid by the SPI budget, of 150 € (just so there's some space left).

Whether I can eventually make it also depends on whether the FOSDEM travel refund by SPI comes in time, since I cannot disburse more of my student money right now.

In case I cannot join, Thorsten or Thomas volunteered to jump in, and I'll send them the ready-to-use slides before.

Thanks,
Florian

No brainer +1 from me :slight_smile: having said that, I'd prefer not to have to
vote on each individual travel request - it'd be nice to have a budget
pot for important travel and a simpler process for approving that in
future.

  All the best,

    Michael.

Hi,

  No brainer +1 from me:-) having said that, I'd prefer not to have to

thanks :slight_smile:

vote on each individual travel request - it'd be nice to have a budget
pot for important travel and a simpler process for approving that in
future.

Yes, writing a travel refund policy is on the tasks list, Italo is IMHO working on that.

> No brainer +1 from me:-) having said that, I'd prefer not
> to have to

thanks :slight_smile:

+1 from me as well.

> vote on each individual travel request - it'd be nice to have a
> budget pot for important travel and a simpler process for approving
> that in future.

Yes, writing a travel refund policy is on the tasks list, Italo is
IMHO working on that.

That would be helpful indeed.

best,
Charles.

+1 from me as well.

+1

Yes, writing a travel refund policy is on the tasks list, Italo is
IMHO working on that.

Will do during the weekend.

Florian Effenberger wrote:

I'd therefore like to ask the BoD for approving a travel funding,
paid by the SPI budget, of 150 € (just so there's some space left).

+1

Cheers,

-- Thorsten