Re: [board-discuss] Rules of Procedure

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Florian Effenberger
<floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
Hi,

Norbert Thiebaud wrote on 2012-02-27 19:14:

May i ask that the official languages for anything but the official
statute be English(*).

iow. the binding version of the rule of procedure, bylaws etc..
(everything but the official berlin state approved statues) be the
English one.

There is nothing more frustrating than 'oh, but the German version
does not quite say that, it really does not translate quite well, what
it_really_  means is...'

unfortunately, the documents referenced by the statutes of our German entity
need to be German in their main, legally binding version.

Why ? these are extra-internal documents not subject to Berlin state
review right?
So they can be in Sanskrit  if we choose to.

You cannot ask our membership to vote to approve a text they cannot
read. the community bylaw that will be vote upon _have_ to be the
english one. that is the only version that is voted-upon and agreed to
by the membership, hence it _is_ the binding version.

Norbert