Re: [board-discuss] Rules of Procedure

Hi,

Norbert Thiebaud wrote on 2012-02-27 19:14:
May i ask that the official languages for anything but the official
statute be English(*).

iow. the binding version of the rule of procedure, bylaws etc..
(everything but the official berlin state approved statues) be the
English one.

There is nothing more frustrating than 'oh, but the German version
does not quite say that, it really does not translate quite well, what
it_really_  means is...'

unfortunately, the documents referenced by the statutes of our German entity need to be German in their main, legally binding version. Of course we can provide a translation in English, but the binding one is the German one.

Anything that is not directly referenced by the statutes can be done in English, IMHO.