Re: [board-discuss] Re: Community Bylaws

Ojay, I'll draft something then...

Best,
Charles.
Le 27 févr. 2012 15:05, "Florian Effenberger" <floeff@documentfoundation.org>
a écrit :

Hi,

Charles-H. Schulz wrote on 2012-02-27 14:47:

 Okay, so you need specific added content to the Statutes, am I getting
this right?

yes, that describes it pretty well. Technically spoken, the statutes
legally include two more documents - Rules of Procedures and Community
Bylaws, or "Geschäftsordnung" and "Community-Satzung" in German. Those two
documents are set forth in the statutes, but they do not have the same
legal approval process, nontheless we need them. The statutes foresee that
the RoP can be easily changed, whereas the CB are much harder to change,
but not as hard as the statutes.

Since both "extend" and clarify the statutes, no double or contradictory
content should be in there, and nothing that is not needed.

It does not deny us to come up with some more documents, overviews etc.
That's up to us and not subject to the statutes.

 the community bylaws we have, we need them to be modified a bit . So we
could do the following:
* The statutes + the community bylaws that are relevant in them (the
  "lightweight" version)

No. The lightweight version does *not* include the statutes. It *only*
includes what is *not* inside the statutes. :-) Otherwise, it would be
doubled. E.g. the bylaws as we need them do not tell that there are 7 BoD
members plus 3 deputies, since that's already been set. They do, however,
contain more information on the MC. Not it's composition, since that's also
set already, but it's ways of working and some more rules e.g.

So, in a nutshell:

Given are the statutes.
Community bylaws which we need extend them.

Any other rules, overviews etc. we can come up with is our choice, but it
has in principle nothing to do with both of the above. If e.g. someone
wants to draft a wiki page with lots of information on how to read the
statutes and bylaws together, that's fine. It's not legally binding, but
provided for convenience.

Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org**>

deleted