Re: [board-discuss] Community Bylaws

On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 12:32 +0100, Florian Effenberger wrote:
I think we should start with a blank document that only contains
regulations as outlined above. It does not harm if we add some more to
this document. However, keep in mind the following things:

        I tend to agree that a clear separation of the legally binding pieces,
from the bits we have adopted is rather helpful, stops people thinking
they can change the set-in-stone bits, and helps them understand that
they can change the other bits :-)

So, my proposal would be to start with a lightweight Community Bylaws.
Other "best practices" might fit into separate documents that are not
subject to such requirements.

        I would tend to agree, personally.

        HTH,

                Michael.