Re: [board-discuss] AB-Member and ESC-Member on TDF-Website

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Andreas Mantke <maand@gmx.de> wrote:
Hi all,

I looked on the TDF-Website and found out that there is no entry about the member of
the AB and of the ESC. Although they are no organs of the TDF (like BoD, MC or Board
of Trustees) they are very important for TDF and the development of LibreOffice. I
think we should create special sections on the TDF-Website for them and publish the
AB-Member and ESC-Member (the information is currently a bit difficult to find only
in the wiki or blog) on the website.

But before we create such sections on the TDF-Website, we should ask the AB-Member
and the ESC-Member, if we should publish only the companies / institutions or also
the representatives and what information they want to chare about themselfes / their
company (in relation to TDF/Free Software) with the public.

ESC member are there in an 'individual' capacity. Their company
affiliation is only relevant to the extent that we try to avoid one
company having too much weight...
As for disclosure. The minimum is the Name (one cannot be an
'anonymous' ESC member) I guess that public disclosure of the
affiliation, if any, could be optional (someone may work for a company
but do not what the company name mentioned because his participation
to the ESC is not a company sanctioned/sponsored activity)

We will bring that topic-up on the next ESC call and provide a list
with the appropriate/agreed-to details to this ML.

For the AB, that is exactly the oposite. people are there representing
company, so the affiliation is the mandatory information... the name
of the individual representing that company is less important and
susceptible to change at the discretion of the AB-member. so trying to
keep that public list up-to-date with individuals name is an
unnecessary burden IMO.

Norbert