Re: [board-discuss] General questions

Hi,

Norbert already said a few things, so I'll just add some content briefly. :-)

drew wrote on 2012-02-24 00:07:

1 - Where would I find a rooster of what corporations constitute the
board and who their representatives on the board are?

That's indeed something we need to work on. At least the list of entities should be made public also on our website, so far we only have it in two press releases. Whether the individuals should be disclosed in public is something the AB should decide. I see no problems here, but I'd like to ask them first.

2 - Minutes from AB meetings, where would I find those?

Those won't be public. Based on our statutes, important content will be held private as long as privacy is required. However, during AB calls, usually no decisions are made. As Norbert said, when big corporations give you advice, they not always feels comfortable of doing so in public, which is rather understandable.

So, while we try to transport all the messages we receive for the general audience, certain parts of the calls will always be private, therefore we will issue no public meeting minutes.

I see this is a bit less transparent than our other activities, but I think here it is required.

1 - Where, or when will financial statements become public, either for
general availability (my preference but I know that cuts across the
grain form many), or restricted to TDF membership?

We are right now in the process of transferring all assets, including the budget, to the new entity. I plan to issue some more concrete statements on where we stand, what we need, and what we pay with it, but this all takes its time. My plan is to make this public to everyone, if law allows, but it might take some more time. :)