Moving forward on the partner NGOs

Hello,

I'd like to move forward on the topic of partner NGOs and the Document
Foundation. We have so far two wiki pages, one which is rather broader
than the topic:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/PartnershipProgram

and this one, which I just added to:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Partnering_with_NGOs

I would like now to call for more interested NGOs, and to jump start the
creation of a specific logo. More importantly, we need to have the BoD
agree on the set of rules. The typology itself is more or less set at
this stage but we need to agree to move forward in order to move
forward :slight_smile:

Any thoughts from the BoD?

Thank you,

Hello,

I'd like to move forward on the topic of partner NGOs and the Document
Foundation. We have so far two wiki pages, one which is rather broader
than the topic:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/PartnershipProgram

and this one, which I just added to:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Partnering_with_NGOs

it seems response has been exactly zero. :frowning:

Did you get any feedback from the NGOs? Does it make sense to ping the NGOs affected again directly, to get their first round of feedback, and then discuss with the BoD?

Florian

Hey guys I will be meeting with Warren Camilleri whose in charge of OSS
Malta and heading up the LO translations into Maltese.

I will also be meeting with the local LUG on saturday and will bring this
up to see if they are interestsed as we are looking to become an NGO.

As soon as TDF is formally incorporated, I would love to see it apply to become an Affiliate of OSI[1].

S.

[1] http://www.opensource.org/node/604

Hi,

Hey guys I will be meeting with Warren Camilleri whose in charge of OSS
Malta and heading up the LO translations into Maltese.

I will also be meeting with the local LUG on saturday and will bring this
up to see if they are interestsed as we are looking to become an NGO.

thanks! The more, the merrier. :wink:

As soon as TDF is formally incorporated, I would love to see it apply to become an Affiliate of OSI[1].

that might indeed make sense. Thanks for raising! Let's put it onto a call agenda next week or so.

Florian

Indeed, I think it'd be great to join the OSI. But I would also like to
give the NGOs who work with us as a community some acknowledgement, and
I think we should move forward on this.

Best,