echoes during calls

Hello,

after the echo issues during the last calls, I investigated a bit, and I guess the problem is a combination of many factors.

Some of you probably dial-in either via VoIP/SIP, Skype or VoC (voice over cable), rather than a classical phone connection (PTSN, i.e. analogue or ISDN) or via mobile. Unfortunately, echo cancellation does not work as perfect for VoIP, VoC or Skype as it does for PTSN calls, and I was able to reproduce the problem locally when using a headset over VoIP.

I guess the combination of many people dialling in from various countries, with - technically spoken - jitter and latencies, plus maybe some needed fine-tuning in the conference system is causing the issues.

Just for a test, I'd like to ask you to not use a headset or handsfree mode if possible. Not forever, but to see if the problem is related to that. I did a bit of reading, and it indeed might be the issue.

Yes, agreeably it sounds strange for the year 2012, but it seems to be not as trivial as it sounds. :slight_smile:

Just for a test, I'd like to ask you to not use a headset or handsfree
mode if possible. Not forever, but to see if the problem is related to
that. I did a bit of reading, and it indeed might be the issue.

oh, and of course: Please always mute yourself when you do not speak, this will greatly help as well.

Florian (keen to play with his Asterisk server soon :wink:

Would love to join you in regards to playing with your asterisk server hehe :smiley:

Hi,

Would love to join you in regards to playing with your asterisk server
hehe :smiley:

should we have something like that in public, I'll discuss it over at the website@ list. Right now it's a local machine I play with :wink:

Florian