Re: [board-discuss] FOSDEM travel funding

Hi Tom,

Tom Davies wrote on 2012-01-09 17:19:
Blimey!!  Given the work you do here i hope the BoD is able to stump-up the extra 100 to save you
the 8hours journey!!  It'd be more cost-effective to get you the shorter flight so that you are not
worn out (at either end) by the  trip!

thanks for your kind words of support, much appreciated! ;)

I do think that spending 300 € just for getting me there for a two day event is hard to justify, since the regular flight price the last years was about 120 €. After all, it was my fault being late with researching flights, and we have so many active people around the globe, so we should spend our money wisely.

However, thanks to a tip I've found a flight for 242 € that goes directly from Munich to Brussels, so if I can organize a cheap hotel room, that amount might be inside the range that could be justified.

Thanks again!

Board of Directors at The Document Foundation