[board-discuss] FOSDEM travel funding

Hello,

after missing last year, I'd like to attend FOSDEM in Brussels this year. I'm still planning whether I can make it, but since I have nearly no income, I cannot afford paying on my own, so I'd like to ask for travel funding, paid from the SPI budget we have.

Unfortunately, all flights from Munich that go directly to Brussels in one hour are already rather expensive, approximately 300 €. All cheaper flights go via Paris or Zurich, and switching planes, and take up to 5 hours, which is insane, since the trip to the airport alone takes me 2 hours. ;-)

Going via train is about 8,5 hours, but available for approximately 200 €. Still rather expensive, but the cheapest I can get. I plan to arrive on the 3th and leave on the 5th, so depending on the hotel costs, I guess I need funding of not more than 400 €.

Would the BoD be willing to support this request?

Thanks,
Florian

PS: If anyone knows a cheaper direct flight connection, let me know. :-)

Board of Directors at The Document Foundation