Re: [board-discuss] PostgreSQL project <-> Document Foundation liaison

Hi Lionel,

On Tue, 2011-12-13 at 10:17 +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
As main maintainer of PostgreSQL-SDBC, the native driver for
LibreOffice to connect to a PostgreSQL database server which is going
to be bundled with LibreOffice 3.5, I'm putting myself as "manager" of
the "The Document Foundation" organisation on the postgresql.org
website and related resources.

        That seems entirely appropriate :-) you did all the work.

A "news" is, I *think*, an item that gets placed in PosgreSQL's
"weekly news" column
http://www.postgresql.org/community/weeklynews/

        Great ! :-)

Maybe when 3.5 comes out, we push an announcement there, whose core
would be "LibreOffice now has native PostgreSQL support out of the
box"? I don't want to write that announcement on my own, so when the
time is right, I'll look into it with our press / propaganda /
publicity / ... team (I assume we have one).

        Sounds good to me - Italo is the man who can around these things -
given that release time is usually a frenetic circus of press
interviews, announcement drafting, website updating etc. etc. it's
prolly good to start early on that snippit; how many lines/words are
these usually ?

I do not foresee us offering PostgreSQL-related professional
services (!).

        Indeed :-)

        Thanks for setting that all up !

        ATB,