Support of the askbot translation process

Hello everyone,

as it was missed during the yesterdays BoD-call to constitute the
quorum, I hereby ask the BoD to decide on the following topic:
Should the translation of the askbot project be supported by creating a
project on our pootle server and permitting the developers of askbot
access to the project. Our l10n teams are then asked to contribute to
the translation of aksbot.

Cu,
Alex

Hi,

as it was missed during the yesterdays BoD-call to constitute the
quorum, I hereby ask the BoD to decide on the following topic:

for future meetings, we should write "quorum yes/no" in the minutes. Missed remembering that yesterday as well. :slight_smile:

Should the translation of the askbot project be supported by creating a
project on our pootle server and permitting the developers of askbot
access to the project. Our l10n teams are then asked to contribute to
the translation of aksbot.

If this is technically doable: +1

Florian

File to translate is this one:

https://raw.github.com/ASKBOT/askbot-devel/common-question-view/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/django.po

It is doable.
Regards

I also would like to say that I am OK to offer our resources, time and knowledge to projects we are benefiting from (e.g.AskBot). But not to host any project that call for the same resources if we don't use it, or if TDF does not foster it.
Regards

+1 to let volunteers translate askbot. We could perhaps insert a clause
here that would require a simple reevaluation in one year from now?

Best,
Charles.

Hi,

I also would like to say that I am OK to offer our resources, time and
knowledge to projects we are benefiting from (e.g.AskBot). But not to
host any project that call for the same resources if we don't use it, or
if TDF does not foster it.

of course.

Florian

So did you come to a decision and do we translate the file and own the project? It's a very small file, so not sure it's needed to create a dedicated Pootle project.

Kind regards
Sophie

Hi,

So did you come to a decision and do we translate the file and own the
project? It's a very small file, so not sure it's needed to create a
dedicated Pootle project.

sadly, nearly no one from the BoD replied to this, so I told Alex to simply go on and check the technical requirements. :wink:

Florian