Electing a BoD chairperson and it's deputy

Dear Board members,

according to the current draft of the foundation's legal statutes (as
proposed to the German authorities), the foundation's board shall elect
a chairperson and the chairperson's deputy among the board's members.

In short - these will be the primary legal representatives of the
foundation. While having no special power, legal contracts need to be
signed by one of the board members together with either the chairperson
or it's deputy. ( Beyond that, the board can decide to give procuration
to individual board members.)

As we are going to file the papers really soon, I'd ask the board
members to elect

    Florian Effenberger as chairman of the board
and
   Thorsten Behrens as his deputy.

During the board elections Florian and Thorsten were the candidates who
reached the highest vote rank. Florian is for sure one of our most
active members doing great work in marketing, is coordinating our admin
team and did lots of preparations for the legal setup of the foundation.
Thorsten is well known and accepted among developers (and not only there
:wink: ), and also helped a lot preparing the legal setup of the foundation.

I think, my suggestions in the interest of the board members and all our
TDF members.
(If not, time to object is right now :wink: )

Thanks and regards,

André

Hi All

My vote is for Florian Effenberger as Chairman and Thorsten Behrens as Chairman Deputy.

Thanks you guys for the dedication and work.

Olivier

Same here.

Best,

Charles.

André Schnabel wrote:

As we are going to file the papers really soon, I'd ask the board
members to elect

    Florian Effenberger as chairman of the board

+1 for Florian.

-- Thorsten

+1 :slight_smile:

    Michael.

Hi,

> My vote is for Florian Effenberger as Chairman and Thorsten Behrens as
> Chairman Deputy.

  +1 :slight_smile:

    Michael.

+1 from a Deputy :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Andreas

+1 for Thorsten
Abstaining from vote on myself, of course :wink:

+1 for Florian and Thorsten

(also abstaining from vote on myself)

+1

- --
Italo Vignoli - italo.vignoli@gmail.com
mob +39.348.5653829 - VoIP 5316436@messagenet.it
skype italovignoli - gtalk italo.vignoli@gmail.com

Hi,

so, the board has elected

    Florian Effenberger as chairman of the board
and
   Thorsten Behrens as his deputy.

we had 6 out of 7 board members voting (making a quorum).

Each of the nominees got 5 votes (as Florian and Thorsten abstained to
vote on their own seat).

To support the decision we also received 2 supporting votes from
deputies.

See
http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/threads.html#02188

I'll update the website accordingly.

Congratulations to Florian and Thorsten :wink:

regards,

André

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Hi Flo, Thorsten,

Andre Schnabel schrieb:

so, the board has elected

     Florian Effenberger as chairman of the board
and
    Thorsten Behrens as his deputy.

[...]

Congratulations to Florian and Thorsten :wink:

+1

Gruß
Heinz

Hello,

so, the board has elected

     Florian Effenberger as chairman of the board
and
    Thorsten Behrens as his deputy.

thank you very much for the trust and confidence you put in Thorsten and me. It's truly an honour to work with all of you, and to be part of TDF and LibreOffice, a part of our great community and family!

It for sure will be a challenging and demanding task, but I'm very much looking forward to serve our community and our users!

Florian

André Schnabel wrote:

so, the board has elected

    Florian Effenberger as chairman of the board
and
   Thorsten Behrens as his deputy.

Hi *,

so let me take this opportunity to thank you all for trusting us in
this - not only the board, but also all our members who originally
voted for us.

You folks really make the difference, and I'm both honoured &
humbled - with those last pieces falling into place, let's see to
get this foundation from bootstrapping into establishment then.

Looking forward to another exciting year with all of you,

-- Thorsten

Guys, congratulations. I think we should at least blog about this
announcement. I volunteer, but I cannot write anything before mid week.

- --
Italo Vignoli - italo.vignoli@gmail.com
mob +39.348.5653829 - VoIP 5316436@messagenet.it
skype italovignoli - gtalk italo.vignoli@gmail.com

Hi,

Guys, congratulations. I think we should at least blog about this
announcement. I volunteer, but I cannot write anything before mid week.

thanks!

Indeed, we could also announce the other results in case we haven't blogged them yet (not sure). I probably shouldn't do it in the official blog, since I was elected, that would look rather odd. :slight_smile:

Florian