Re: [board-discuss] dial-in from Brazil

Hi,

Lionel Elie Mamane wrote on 2011-11-22 14:50:

The toll-free 0800-8912057 does not work?

hm, where's this number from?

didww.com sells a DID in Rio or Sao Paulo redirected to SIP or IAX2 or
Skype or Google Talk for 8,- USD/month. It is only two channels, that
may be the problem for us, not enough channels?

Thanks for letting me know, didn't hear about them before!

There are two issues:

1. We don't get a SIP trunking to our conference provider. The only thing we can do is forward incoming calls to one of the available numbers. I wanted to setup our own Asterisk anyways, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. However, it will cost us fees per minute for the forwarding, since I am not aware of a flatrate for non-private use.

2. Our provider can connect a number in Rio for about 12 € per month, but it only allows two channels, like your proposal. That's the main issue.

So, I'd like to see first if Google Voice or some other service works. If not, we can book a number specifically for BoD and MC members from Brazil, but I prefer not to make it public, in order to not run into the two callers per number limitation. Even if we buy more numbers, we have a technical limit of two callers per number, so we would have to assign everyone an individual number to avoid "collision".

I have an Asterisk running on a well-connected (Europe, Amsterdam)
machine, I could offer the redirect "informally". That may or may not
be sufficient quality service.

Thanks for your offer! I plan to setup an Asterisk anyways, so the forwarding would be a good start for doing so. :-)

Board of Directors at The Document Foundation