Re: [board-discuss] dial-in from Brazil

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 01:52:03PM +0100, Florian Effenberger wrote:

I heard from Olivier that a dial-in from Brazil is complicated, as
for many Brazilians, it is an expensive long-distance call.

The toll-free 0800-8912057 does not work?

I've investigated options to get a number directly in Rio via our
own Asterisk instance, but unfortunately, it would cost quite a lot
to get the number and the incoming routing.

didww.com sells a DID in Rio or Sao Paulo redirected to SIP or IAX2 or
Skype or Google Talk for 8,- USD/month. It is only two channels, that
may be the problem for us, not enough channels?

I have an Asterisk running on a well-connected (Europe, Amsterdam)
machine, I could offer the redirect "informally". That may or may not
be sufficient quality service.

--
Lionel