[steering-discuss] Vote for MC elections

Hi Michael, all,

Florian Effenberger wrote (07-11-11 12:11)
> Ok. So I take it that you propose Simon and Norbert as seat holders,
> which means we have one deputy role open at the moment?

Currently I'm not able to follow any discussion on numbers, but it would
be my suggestion to accept Drew his kind offer to help in the MC

Right; but now we have another offer of a deputy.

Either way - we should put this to a vote on the public list.

I offered my help as I thought form the discussions that more persons
are really needed.
If this is not really the case, I am fine with withdrawing my offer.

Volker

Hi Volker,

Volker Merschmann wrote (08-11-11 11:19)

I offered my help as I thought form the discussions that more persons
are really needed.
If this is not really the case, I am fine with withdrawing my offer.

I think that is a friendly step at the moment.
For sure, we will remember your name for the future :wink:

Kind regards,

Hi Volker,

> Either way - we should put this to a vote on the public list.

I offered my help as I thought form the discussions that more persons
are really needed. If this is not really the case, I am fine with
withdrawing my offer.

  Sorry about that; thanks for volunteering & hopefully you'll stand for
the next MC election ? :slight_smile: So I'd love the board to vote to approve (if
I got it right, and the existing MC are generally happy) on:

Members: (5)
  Andre Schnabel
  Fridrich Strba
  Norbert Thiebaud
  Simon Phipps
  Sophie Gautier
Deputies: (2)
  Cor Nouws
  Drew Jensen

  For approval as our initial Membership Committee.

  Thanks,

    Michael.

Hi,

Hi Volker,

>        Either way - we should put this to a vote on the public list.

I offered my help as I thought form the discussions that more persons
are really needed. If this is not really the case, I am fine with
withdrawing my offer.

Sorry about that; thanks for volunteering & hopefully you'll stand for
the next MC election ? :slight_smile:

Yes of course, I do.

Volker

Hi Volker,

also sorry from my side and thanks for your offer to help. Indeed, it was my mistake to wrongly calculate the number of open slots. Since we specifically did not want elections now, but rather in the summer, I really do appreciate your offer to step back from your application.

Thank you very much, and I really hope you stand again for the next elections.
Florian

*** This message has been sent from my tablet. Please excuse the possible briefness.

Volker Merschmann <merschmann@gmail.com> schrieb:

+1 from my side
A note to everyone who is nominated: Be aware that this is a legal role defined in the statutes. Most likely, we need to hand over your physical address to the authorities, since you legally represent TDF on some level then (e.g. in cases of disputes between the BoD and the members).
TDF itself will only keep a safe record of your physical address, and shares it with the authorities. TDF will not publish it. Right now, neither the authorities will do so, but TDF of course has no influence on legal changes that might come up in the future regarding that.

*** This message has been sent from my tablet. Please excuse the possible briefness.

Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@suse.com> schrieb:

Hello Volker

That's good to hear - I have no doubt you are a great fit for this role.

Best wishes,

Drew Jensen

Michael Meeks wrote:

Members: (5)
  Andre Schnabel
  Fridrich Strba
  Norbert Thiebaud
  Simon Phipps
  Sophie Gautier
Deputies: (2)
  Cor Nouws
  Drew Jensen

+1

Michael Meeks wrote:

Members: (5)
  Andre Schnabel
  Fridrich Strba
  Norbert Thiebaud
  Simon Phipps
  Sophie Gautier
Deputies: (2)
  Cor Nouws
  Drew Jensen

+1

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

+1

+1
Regards

Hi,

(...)

Members: (5)
  Andre Schnabel
  Fridrich Strba
  Norbert Thiebaud
  Simon Phipps
  Sophie Gautier
Deputies: (2)
  Cor Nouws
  Drew Jensen

  For approval as our initial Membership Committee.

+1

Regards,
Andreas

sure, +1.

C.

Hi,

if I counted correct, all BoD members have voted +1, which means we have reached consensus and thus have a new MC soon.

If I'm right, the new MC then would be:

Members: (5)
         Andre Schnabel
         Fridrich Strba
         Norbert Thiebaud
         Simon Phipps
         Sophie Gautier
Deputies: (2)
         Cor Nouws
         Drew Jensen

All BoD members and deputies (and of course everyone else who wants), please count [1] as well and let us know if there are any mistakes. in parallel I propose Thorsten, who was put in charge of the election (even if it was no real election now), to count himself, then to ask every candidate to accept their new role, and then he can officially announce our new MC over the weekend.

As soon as the announcement is out, I will give everyone access from infrastructure-wise.

Florian

[1] Voting thread at http://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg01902.html

it seems we have positive votes from:

  Michael, Olivier, Thorsten, Italo, Charles, Florian, Caolan

  Which sounds like:

Members: (5)
      Andre Schnabel
      Fridrich Strba
      Norbert Thiebaud
      Simon Phipps
      Sophie Gautier
Deputies: (2)
      Cor Nouws
      Drew Jensen

  got approved.Florian - I forget where we document these thins in the
wiki / website :wink: any chance of a hand ?

  HTH,

    Michael.

Hi,

  got approved.Florian - I forget where we document these thins in the
wiki / website;-) any chance of a hand ?

ah, sorry, seems we have bad timing. :slight_smile: I just sent out a similar mail, with two differences:

1. We should ask (just a formal thing) everyone voted to accept the vote.

2. Maybe Thorsten should announce it, since we made him oversee those elections, even if it turned out to be no real election this time.

the wiki page, BTW, is http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Decisions

Florian

+1 (and nice to see you cannot legally force us :slight_smile:

Fridrich

Was that +1 to the proposal, or to accepting your election? (Your acceptance is still missing. :wink:

+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1

For the acceptance of the vote, for the acceptance of the role and for
all your forthcoming decisions.

BTW, is this list mirrored on gmane?

I don't want to run out of space on my email accounts

F.

Was that +1 to the proposal, or to accepting your election? (Your
acceptance is still missing. :wink:

+1 (and nice to see you cannot legally force us:)

- --
Please avoid sending me Word, Excel or PowerPoint attachments.