Re: [board-discuss] poll on regular BoD times

Hi,

Thorsten Behrens wrote on 2011-11-07 09:42:
Hi Flo, Charles - while I agree that a call every week may not be
necessary, I guess Florian's point was that*a single*  date may well
not accomodate a set of people*constantly*. I thought the idea was
to have different sets of people to be slightly inconvenienced/not
able to attend alternatingly.

With that, I think both points are orthogonal. Yes, let's have less
frequent calls (maybe starting after the foundation is established),
and let's have*two*  dates for the calls (unless the folks not able
to make Wednesday evenings can re-consider).

I was indeed also thinking about having less frequent calls, but Thorsten's point is true as well:

Some people cannot make it during the week, others cannot make it during the weekend. So, I'd like to have one call Monday to Friday in the evenings (European time), and one Saturday or Sunday (preferably during the afternoon European time, but depends on the other time zones, of course), so at least everyone has a fair chance to join.

Since we also want to have again marketing calls, and there is also a TSC call, I don't want to bind people to their telephone too long and often. ;-)

How about the following? We decide, based on the poll, on one time during the week, and one during the weekend. Then we do calls the following way:

Week 1: during the week
Week 2: no call
Week 3: during the weekend
Week 4: no call

In case that in week #2 a call is needed, the same time as week #1 is used for this ad-hoc call. In case in week #4 a call is needed, the time of week #3 is used for this ad-hoc call.

That way, we have fixed times, people can plan their availability, but we only do a call every two weeks unless we need more.

Sounds reasonable?

Board of Directors at The Document Foundation