[board-discuss] Re: Vote for MC elections

Hi,

Andre Schnabel wrote on 2011-11-02 10:47:

No, we'd prefere a 5+2 setup.

ok. Looking at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Membership_Committee we currently have a 3+1 setup, which means we need three more people: Two seat holders and one deputy.

It is up to the BoD to appoint the new members / deputies (if we do not go
for elections). We as the MC would suggest that Simon and Norbert would
be considered for such position. We had a brief discussion, if we can
suggest a third name as well. We had some ideas but no strong preferences, so we would leave it to
the BoD.

Ok. So I take it that you propose Simon and Norbert as seat holders, which means we have one deputy role open at the moment?

Btw. I don't want to give the impression that the BoD needs to follow our
suggestion.

No worries. :) It's good to hear your thoughts and experiences, as you have been the one active in the MC and can judge best.

Board of Directors at The Document Foundation