Re: [board-discuss] Membership Committee

Hi Drew,

On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 10:57 -0400, drew wrote:
I've been reading over the BOD-discuss list with regards to the MC
makeup/elections.

        Cool :-) great to have you involved in the process.

It was my intent to run for a seat on the MC, it is my understanding now
that the elections will be moved to next year (the reasons seem quite
reasonable IM).

        Oh - sorry that was a spoke in your wheels. Hopefully that'll get fixed
in a few more (hectic) months.

If I understand correctly there is however one slot currently not
filled, for a generic deputy. If this is correct then I would like to
offer my services for this position.

        That's right. Of course, the board will need to approve the lucky
(haha) candidates in due course ;-) You have my vote - based on the
great work I've seen you doing.

        Having said that - we've sounded out previous appointees more
informally beforehand, which is perhaps harder here. Clearly this is a
responsible role, and part of our formal governance. As such, some may
have queries about your involvement with the Apache project, it'd be
helpful to know what your plans are there. Similarly, it'd be nice to
know your thoughts on the membership committee's role, criteria for
membership etc. in the bylaws. If you'd feel happier sharing that
privately - feel free, and I'll make sure it gets to the board.

        Anyhow - to my mind it'd be fantastic to have your long experience of
the project, wide contacts, as well as sheer hard work applied to this
essential administrative task :-)

        Thanks for caring, and getting stuck in,

        All the best,

                Michael.