Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2011 Archives by date, by thread · List index


Von: Florian Effenberger <>

What we should agree on soon is whether to run the vote just now and 
wait with the legal set-up until the Foundation is in existence, or 
whether we take the existing MC (needing a deputy for Thorsten, since 
he's in the BoD already) and have a gentlemen's agreement that they step 
back on let's say effective July 1st.

I am in favor of this solution. André, did the MC discuss that during 
yesterday's call? In case we go with the July-1st-solution, all current 
MC members need to agree to be willing to serve in the legal body of the 
future Foundation and be mentioned in the founding documents.

Yes, we discussed that in yesterday's meeting. 

* all members agreed to stay for another couple of months in case BoD 
  decides to postpone elections
* MC suggests to have Norbert Thiebaud and Simon Phipps as additional 
    member / deputy in that case 

Means - we would like to see the 5+2 MC setup and would ask the BoD to 
appoint the successor for Thorsten and two deputies. In our discussion
we considered only two for that position (so other suggestions are 

All this onlyy for the case we do not have elections right now.



Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.