Re: [steering-discuss] chairmen

Hi,

Datum: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 19:44:02 +0100
Von: Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org>

The statues do not set explicit rules on whom to appoint, they just
foresee that the BoD appoints two of its members to these roles. NB:
Deputies can, to my understanding, *not* be appointed chairmen.

Nitpicking here ;) : The BoD shall elect the chairperson and it's deputy
among it's members.

So there needs to be at least a vote on the names, and deputies cannot
be elected as they are formally no board members (only in case other
members leave the board or appoint them to vote on their behalf).

Some proposed (and IMHO, we had this at least in one early bylaws draft)
that those who had been elected with the most votes should be appointed
automatically. However, not automatically those who have most votes want
to run for that role, so I propose that everyone of the newly elected
BoD thinks whether he wants to get appointed, and we discuss it. Only if
several people run and cannot agree on two candidates, we might switch
back to the "most votes" model.

I'm fine with the model - jus wanted to say, that there still bneeds to
be avote.

Best is to wait until the translation is ready so we have the same
understanding of the topic, since the term chairman might raise some
confusion, but I wanted to make you aware of it already.

Seems I will not finish the translation today :(. When I did my estimation
I had worked on the rather simple paragraphs, the rest seems to take
some more time.

If I cannot give a good estimation by tomorrow, I'll call for help and
see, how the translation could be split among two or three people.

regards,

André