[steering-discuss] minutes of conf-call 2011-10-29 ...
Sorry for the delay, weekend got in the way, no doubt this is not the
canonical location for these, but ... hopefully someone can fix that for
me. Action items are prefixed with 'AA'.
Andre, Andreas, Bjoern, Thorsten,
Florian, Olivier, Michael, Jesus
Foundation Status Update:
+ ~4 hour call with lawyers yesterday
+ ~in final state
+ translation to English for final comments:
+ in progress; lots of text; due by Monday
+ then send back to the Authorities
+ then final approval from the Board
+ send in for formal approval / official filing
+ query: wait for MC election, or file sooner and update ?
+ nuanced, lets see how soon we can file first
+ MC elections start Nov 4th, perhaps delay them ?
+ decision next time ?
+ missing an E-mail from Simon, but results un-challenged & final
+ Thorsten volunteered as elections officer for MC election
+ need a composition for membership committee:
+ must be between 3 and 13.
+ Andre recommends 5 members + 2 deputies
AA: + send out a formal voting proposal to approve (Florian)
+ BoD members should have official tdf mail aliases
+ important for external facing mail
+ with shared signature with legal information ?
+ only for acting representatively
+ use it only when legally required / as relaxed as possible
+ BoD to review composition based on elections & realities
Web site needs updating:
+ Steering committee page
+ replacing the challenges page
AA: + send Drew's draft to Michael (Florian)
+ check the draft & update the web page, kill the
challenge page, and post for localisation (Michael)
+ existing for filing: based on capital stock & interest
+ need an updated budget, for SPI, donations, expenses,
travel budget etc.
AA: + get the numbers from the conference (Charles)
AA: + get details from FroDev (Florian)
AA: + get details from SPI (Sophie)
+ consolidate into a budget for board discussion
Trademark Policy conformance
+ need mechanism for granting licenses to friendly uses
that don't quite conform with the TM policy
+ query wrt. approval of individual licenses, contradicting
previous decision not to have to manage exceptions
+ some sights there from the beginning, un-checked so far
yet clearly affiliated
+ status no progress (Thorsten)
+ need it going, attempt to off-load to website list not
+ makes sense to have a Europe & US (& other)
AA: + proposal to vote on for next week (Thorsten)
+ call scheduled for next week
+ first call; conflicts with next BoD call
+ should we keep this regular call time ?
AA: + create new poll for Board calls (Florian)
+ weekly calls seem to make sense.
Hosting user forums (or not)
+ decision required ASAP
+ discuss list discussion ongoing / not pre-empt it
+ Board decision expected by Wednesday pending
volunteer / moderator interest
email@example.com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- [steering-discuss] minutes of conf-call 2011-10-29 ... · Michael Meeks
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy