Re: [steering-discuss] freezing membership applications

Hi,

Norbert Thiebaud wrote on 2011-10-30 17:31:

I do not see the conflict.
Either way these MC members running for re-election can approve new
member before the freeze-date
Either way these MC members cannot benefit from approving membership
after the freeze (they cannot stuff the ballot since anyone approved
post freeze would not be eligible for that election)

that is true, indeed... however, there still might be assumptions like "member XYZ" was approved/disapproved to get a better voting result. I agree, it's only in a very complicated theory. ;-)

Otherwise, it's mostly a logistic issue. If we can ensure that those becming members after the freeze date cannot vote, I am fine with leaving the application open, even if I consider closing it down "cleaner". But then, Michael has a point, that it's the second shutdown already.

Board of Directors at The Document Foundation