Re: [steering-discuss] freezing membership applications

Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
On the other hand, freezing completely the membership process during
election is not very nice for new potential members, as it would mean
extending by 1 to 2 month the 'waiting period' of the one that picked
a bad date to start contributing :-)

Not really - it's 3 weeks from candidate introduction to end of
election, compared to 2 weeks for the usual MC meeting cadence.

I agree that there are no strong, hard arguments for or against
either procedure, I just have the impression it appears much cleaner
to suspend MC work during election.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten