Re: [steering-discuss] appointing Thorsten as election officer for MC

Hello,

Norbert Thiebaud wrote on 2011-10-30 17:20:

I agree: the BoD election should be supervised by the MC and
vice-versa. The 'Election Officer' is just the point man, the
'executive officer'. He can be any member designated by the body
having oversight of the election.

indeed. The BoD should be involved in verifying those results, I agree. The BoD can coordinate with Thorsten as election officer on that topic then.

PPS: To complement my previous message regarding a delay between MC
and BoD election:
Let's say the foundation is effective January 1st 2012. the new Bod
would be in place until January 1st 2013 right ?

Exactly. The term should run as soon as the foundation is legally established, as previously agreed in an SC call. The same is true for the MC, IMHO.

We can designate the current MC as the 'initial MC' until June 1st,
and have the soon to be elected MC enter in function June 1st 2012 to
June 1st 2013

That might indeed make sense, to not overlap both elections. In that case, we can nominate the current MC (in case they don't object) in the filing application, and by the middle of next year, they step back and we have a formal vote.

Board of Directors at The Document Foundation