[steering-discuss] freezing membership applications

Hello,

sorry for this much spam today. ;-)

Duty of the newly elected BoD is to decide whether we should freeze membership applications, or whether we should simply not allow members new during the MC election period to vote.

From my POV, it is much "cleaner" to not accept new members during the election period, and freeze applications until the new MC is in place This will prevent confusion who is eligible to vote and who isn't, and will also prevent any possible conflict of interest, since it would be the existing MC, from which some members might run for elections, to decide on these applications.

So, +1 from my side for freezing membership applications during the election period (see André's timeline for details).

Board of Directors at The Document Foundation