[steering-discuss] confcall tomorrow

Hello,

tomorrow, at 1400 UTC, the next conference call takes place. Right now, we are in a transition phase from the Steering Committee to the Board of Directors, so I would like to explicitly invite those who are new with us to join this call. It would be ideal if we had most SC and BoD members to hand over the duties.

As usual, all the dial-in details can be found at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Steering_Committee_Meetings#Dial-in_Details

We maintain an agenda at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Steering_Committee_Meetings#Agenda and everybody is invited to add their items beforehand, which is much better than deciding on them during the call. :wink: I, like the last year, volunteer to moderate these calls, and I hope we always find someone who is willing to take notes. :slight_smile:

Although most of our calls are public, sometimes and according to our bylaws, there are topics with confidentiality, so there sometimes is also a so called private call.

All BoD members will receive instructions on 1. how to moderate the public call/open the room and 2. how to join the private call via a separate e-mail. For all SC members: These dial-in data is unchanged, and of course, you are invited to join a private call as well tomorrow.

Looking forward to hearing you!
Florian

I might have REAL problems in getting a connection, as I am in Prague and I definitely cannot use my mobile to make the call (as it will cost a fortune). I will try to find a place with a free wifi connection, to use either skype or my voip provider to make the call.

Just in case, I will share my thoughts on the agenda later today.

I am still trying to make up my mind after the LO conference and the LinuxCon. We must leverage our visibility in the Linux environment, and improve it in the Windows environment.

Here in Prague, I've been approached by several Oracle people who told me "I've read quite many articles about you, and I just wanted to shake hands...".

Also, all the media I have met have been enthusiastic about our PR activity, which means that we must improve it and make it even better than it actually is (in my opinion, it has been extremely good for free software standards but just average for professional PR standards).

Anyway, lots of information and thoughts to digest as soon as I will be able to stop for a few minutes in front of a keyboard.

Ciao, Italo

Folks,

> tomorrow, at 1400 UTC, the next conference call takes place. Right
> now, we are in a transition phase from the Steering Committee to
> the Board of Directors, so I would like to explicitly invite those
> who are new with us to join this call. It would be ideal if we had
> most SC and BoD members to hand over the duties.

I might have REAL problems in getting a connection, as I am in Prague
and I definitely cannot use my mobile to make the call (as it will
cost a fortune). I will try to find a place with a free wifi
connection, to use either skype or my voip provider to make the call.

Just in case, I will share my thoughts on the agenda later today.

I am still trying to make up my mind after the LO conference and the
LinuxCon. We must leverage our visibility in the Linux environment,
and improve it in the Windows environment.

Here in Prague, I've been approached by several Oracle people who
told me "I've read quite many articles about you, and I just wanted
to shake hands...".

Also, all the media I have met have been enthusiastic about our PR
activity, which means that we must improve it and make it even better
than it actually is (in my opinion, it has been extremely good for
free software standards but just average for professional PR
standards).

Anyway, lots of information and thoughts to digest as soon as I will
be able to stop for a few minutes in front of a keyboard.

Ciao, Italo

And I just got the news that a family reunion I thought would start
around 6:30 would actually start much earlier, around 15:30. So I won't
be available... this sucks. I'll do better next time.

best,

No problem - family first :slight_smile:

Hi all!

> > tomorrow, at 1400 UTC, the next conference call takes place. Right
> > now, we are in a transition phase from the Steering Committee to
> > the Board of Directors, so I would like to explicitly invite those
> > who are new with us to join this call. It would be ideal if we had
> > most SC and BoD members to hand over the duties.

And I just got the news that a family reunion I thought would start
around 6:30 would actually start much earlier, around 15:30. So I won't
be available... this sucks. I'll do better next time.

Same for me ... most probably, I'll still be on the road tomorrow. If
possible (but chances are low), I'll join ... however, my best wishes to
the new BoD members. And thanks to the recent SC for handling stuff
during this exciting first year :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Christoph

Florian Effenberger <floeff <at> documentfoundation.org> writes:

tomorrow, at 1400 UTC, the next conference call takes place. Right now,
we are in a transition phase from the Steering Committee to the Board of
Directors, so I would like to explicitly invite those who are new with
us to join this call. It would be ideal if we had most SC and BoD
members to hand over the duties.

I just arrived in Orlando, got setup in the Hotel, so I should be able to join.
If not, I have just been to optimistic wrt to the infrastructure here. :wink:

Best,

Bjoern

Also being on the road, I just installed the google-talk plugin for Firefox and
could dial into the US confcall number for free, so if you have wifi, that
might also be an option.

Best,

Bjoern

Hi,

Also being on the road, I just installed the google-talk plugin for Firefox and
could dial into the US confcall number for free, so if you have wifi, that
might also be an option.

this mail was moderated. Please subscribe to the steering-discuss list for posting :slight_smile:

Florian