[steering-discuss] Re: confcall tomorrow

Folks,

Le Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:45:38 +0200,
Italo Vignoli <italo.vignoli@gmail.com> a écrit :

On 10/28/2011 12:05 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:

tomorrow, at 1400 UTC, the next conference call takes place. Right
now, we are in a transition phase from the Steering Committee to
the Board of Directors, so I would like to explicitly invite those
who are new with us to join this call. It would be ideal if we had
most SC and BoD members to hand over the duties.

I might have REAL problems in getting a connection, as I am in Prague
and I definitely cannot use my mobile to make the call (as it will
cost a fortune). I will try to find a place with a free wifi
connection, to use either skype or my voip provider to make the call.

Just in case, I will share my thoughts on the agenda later today.

I am still trying to make up my mind after the LO conference and the
LinuxCon. We must leverage our visibility in the Linux environment,
and improve it in the Windows environment.

Here in Prague, I've been approached by several Oracle people who
told me "I've read quite many articles about you, and I just wanted
to shake hands...".

Also, all the media I have met have been enthusiastic about our PR
activity, which means that we must improve it and make it even better
than it actually is (in my opinion, it has been extremely good for
free software standards but just average for professional PR
standards).

Anyway, lots of information and thoughts to digest as soon as I will
be able to stop for a few minutes in front of a keyboard.

Ciao, Italo

And I just got the news that a family reunion I thought would start
around 6:30 would actually start much earlier, around 15:30. So I won't
be available... this sucks. I'll do better next time.

best,

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Membre du Comité exécutif