Re: [steering-discuss] Preparing elections for the membership committee

Hi,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 17:29:34 -0500
Von: Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud@gmail.com>

2011/10/26 André Schnabel <andre.schnabel@gmx.net>:

We had some discussion, if we should freeze again the membership
process.
BoD should decide on that (I personally would not like to have again
some
weeks where we do not accept new members, at the other hand it might be
easy
to challenge the vote, if we don't freeze.)

'Freezing' the membership does not necessarily means stop processing
applications, but just that the list of eligible member for the
election is 'frozen' at that date.

That's what I meant with "take a snapshot".

For the BoD elections we agreed to not process membership applications
from start of nomination period until end of elections. Means, MC will
start to accept new members next monday again.

regards,

André