Re: [steering-discuss] Preparing elections for the membership committee

2011/10/26 André Schnabel <andre.schnabel@gmx.net>:

We had some discussion, if we should freeze again the membership process.
BoD should decide on that (I personally would not like to have again some
weeks where we do not accept new members, at the other hand it might be easy
to challenge the vote, if we don't freeze.)

'Freezing' the membership does not necessarily means stop processing
applications, but just that the list of eligible member for the
election is 'frozen' at that date.
The list of member can still grow, but people that get membershp after
the freeze date are not eligible to vote in that election.

Norbert