[steering-discuss] renaming this list

Hello,

since the Steering Committee will soon cease its existence, and the newly elected BoD will be officially in charge, I would like to rename this list.

My proposal would either be:

1. core-discuss@tdf
2. board-discuss@tdf

I am in favor of #2. Thoughts?

Florian

I know my input wont really matter but 2 seems the most practical in the sense its easy to identify what is meant by board. Core is ambiguous core what developers etc.

Regards

Jonathan Aquilina

Get a signature like this. <http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=19&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_19> CLICK HERE. <http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=19&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_19>

Hi Florian, *,

since the Steering Committee will soon cease its existence, and the
newly elected BoD will be officially in charge, I would like to rename
this list.

My proposal would either be:

1. core-discuss@tdf
2. board-discuss@tdf

3. bod-discuss

"bod" has kind of brand at least in my perception and is less generic
than board.

I am in favor of #2. Thoughts?

# 3 :o))

GruĂź/regards

Not #1 ('core' is being used and abused in many way and does not
convey clearly enough, I think, the purpose of the list).
But #2 or #3 are fine with me :slight_smile:

Norbert

Hi,

Von: Friedrich Strohmaier <damokles4-listen@bits-fritz.de>
Betreff: Re: [steering-discuss] renaming this list

> My proposal would either be:

> 1. core-discuss@tdf
> 2. board-discuss@tdf

3. bod-discuss

"bod" has kind of brand at least in my perception and is less generic
than board.

+1

I'm still working on the translation of the statutes (sorry for the delay).
While "board" is a correct term, we will also have an "advisory board" and
"board of trustees". So "board of directors" or bod should be used
to identifiy clearly, what we are speaking about.

regards,

André

Hi,

I'm still working on the translation of the statutes (sorry for the delay).

no problem. I will have the finalized version as we send it in with changes on Friday after the call with the lawyer, so feel free to wait until that. Not many changes pending to the latest version, but maybe some minor ones.

While "board" is a correct term, we will also have an "advisory board" and
"board of trustees". So "board of directors" or bod should be used
to identifiy clearly, what we are speaking about.

Good point... I'd favor bod-discuss then if nobody vetoes.

Florian

Hi all,

Florian Effenberger schrieb:

Hi,

I'm still working on the translation of the statutes (sorry for the
delay).

no problem. I will have the finalized version as we send it in with
changes on Friday after the call with the lawyer, so feel free to wait
until that. Not many changes pending to the latest version, but maybe
some minor ones.

While "board" is a correct term, we will also have an "advisory board"
and
"board of trustees". So "board of directors" or bod should be used
to identifiy clearly, what we are speaking about.

Good point... I'd favor bod-discuss then if nobody vetoes.

Please look at http://www.dict.cc/?s=bod. The first item with German translation 'Fuzzi' exclude it I think.

Kind regards
Regina

Hi Flo, *,

Hi,

Von: Friedrich Strohmaier<damokles4-listen@bits-fritz.de>

My proposal would either be:

1. core-discuss@tdf
2. board-discuss@tdf
3. bod-discuss

"bod" has kind of brand at least in my perception and is less generic
than board.

+1

I'm still working on the translation of the statutes (sorry for the delay).
While "board" is a correct term, we will also have an "advisory board" and
"board of trustees". So "board of directors" or bod should be used
to identifiy clearly, what we are speaking about.

+1 (bod)

Best,
Heinz

-- Have a nice time!

Hi :slight_smile:
+1
to "board". It's more generic and so people will recognise it more easily from other organisations. All 3 options have delightful puns of course.
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi :slight_smile:
How about just keeping the current name, steering-discuss, or perhaps the 3 boards could be;
- directors-discuss
- advisory-discuss
- trustees-discuss
with this one being the directors-discuss? "BoD" is fairly unique to TDF so it's not very transparent to people outside of the organisation or people that are new to it.
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi,

How about just keeping the current name, steering-discuss, or perhaps the 3 boards could be;
  - directors-discuss
  - advisory-discuss
  - trustees-discuss
with this one being the directors-discuss? "BoD" is fairly unique to TDF so it's not very transparent to people outside of the organisation or people that are new to it.

I think there should be only one public discussion list for those, otherwise we end up with too many lists.

Given that bod is a bad choice (thanks, Regina!), I propose

either directors-discuss
or board-discuss

with a slight preference for the latter.

Florian

Hi :slight_smile:
Ahah, if the 1 list covers all three boards then board-discuss makes a lot of sense. I had assumed that some of those lists might not be for the general public but might have been useful for the relevant people.
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Florian Effenberger wrote:

or board-discuss

This one for me, too.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Florian Effenberger wrote:
> or board-discuss

This one for me, too.

+1

Back from Northen Ireland,

Charles.

Hi,

(...)
or board-discuss

+1

Regards,
Andreas

+1, Italo

Hello,

thanks for all your feedback on this. I hereby announce that this list, steering-discuss@documentfoundation.org, will be *RENAMED* to

  board-discuss@documentfoundation.org

effective next Wednesday, November 2nd, at 1400 UTC. (Remember: There is a daylight savings change in many countries the Sunday before, so it will be 1500 German time then.)

@Drew: Can you take care of Nabble?

I will try to provide an alias for a while, but chances are it doesn't work - so in case an e-mail bounces, you know the change is in effect. :slight_smile: I will also send out a further note to this list when the change is done.

Our own archives will change their URL, but keep working. External archives will be updated soon thereafter.

Florian