Re: [steering-discuss] Candidacy for Board

Hello David,

Le 09/10/2011 16:02, David Nelson a écrit :
Hi Simon,

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Simon Phipps
<webmink@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
I am indicating that questions about development plans and intentions fall outside the scope of
questions for Board candidates as regards their suitability for election, as the role of
directors[1] does not include development tasks. I'm inviting you to note that observation and
save your valid but out-of-scope question for later. I am not censoring you at this point as I
hope you will choose to desist voluntarily.

I have put my questions to the candidates. I am hoping that they are
going to answer.

I object to your arbitrary judgement that my questions are out of scope.

They are perfectly reasonable, perfectly friendly and perfectly
courteous questions, in response to an invitation to ask questions.

I hope you are not going to blemish this first election with
thoughtlessness and unnecessary declarations that go against the
freedom of expression that the bylaws stand for.

It would have been so much simpler if the candidates had been allowed
to answer for themselves.

No big and high words please :)
What we're trying to say is that the functions of a BoD member do not
relate to these matters. Your question is indeed valid but is simply out
of context, because it is not up to the BoD members to decide these
questions or to take part in this kind of work because they would be BoD
members. That's all...

Best,
Charles.