Re: [steering-discuss] Candidacy for Board: Michael Meeks

Hi David,

David Nelson wrote (08-10-11 16:38)

2011/10/8 Jesús Corrius<jesus@softcatala.org>:
In my opinion, I don't think it's best for the project to put some of
the most skilled developers to work in documentation, when other
developers can also do this task perfectly well.

It is precisely these guys who could put the most effective work into
this initiative, and probably the fastest.

I'm asking the potential
future members of the BoD to lead the way on this.

I see no link between the role of the BOD and individual members making commitments to certain day to day tasks.
Is there something why I should, in your opinion?

Documentation is
always considered to be some kind of unnecessary-to-optional
accompaniment to software -- unless you're some poor blighter trying
to understand how the thing works.

When I directed some people new on LibreOffice hacking to the various developer wiki pages, they were positively surprised.

Hmm, I do not want to say that there is no room for improvement, but as said: commitment on that topic is IMO not the item to consider when talking to an individual candidate for the BOD. Pls note: I did not make any remark about the work done by, or commitment of, Michael or any of the other devs on this area ;-)

Regards,
Cor

--
 - Cor