[steering-discuss] BoD Election Candidates

I believe the list of valid candidates for the Document Foundation Board of Directors elections is as follows (in alphabetical order by surname):

Thorsten Behrens
Jesús Corrius
Florian Effenberger
Olivier Hallot
Kálmán Kéménczy
Andreas Mantke
Caolán McNamara
Michael Meeks
Bjoern Michaelsen
Charles-H Schulz
Andras Timar
Italo Vignoli
Alexander Werner

If you believe there is an error in this list, please contact me immediately. The Candidate List will become final at midnight UTC.

I applied to be a candidate for a Director approximately 5 days ago.
Please advise why I am not on the list in your email. My applying email
contents are:
My full name is:
John Aaron Rose
e-mail:
john.aaron.rose@googlemail.com
No corporate affiliation.
Reasons for wanting to serve as a director:
1. To give voice to the concerns of end users.
2. As I'm retired from work, I have sufficient time to serve the
interests of members by acting as a conduit to the Foundation.
3. I have had extensive experience of liaising with developers, testers
& users on the development of business software.

I applied to be a candidate 5 days ago. Please advise me as to why I am not
on the list below. The applying email contents are:
My full name is:
John Aaron Rose
e-mail:
john.aaron.rose@googlemail.com
No corporate affiliation.
Reasons for wanting to serve as a director:
1. To give voice to the concerns of end users.
2. As I'm retired from work, I have sufficient time to serve the interests
of members
by acting as a conduit to the Foundation.
3. I have had extensive experience working with developers & users of
business software.

I applied to be a candidate 5 days ago. Please advise me as to why I am not
on the list below.

You did inded and Simon answered to you

John: Are you a TDF Member as per the election rules[1] please? I can't find you on the list[2].

Cheers

Simon
--
Simon Phipps
Election Officer, TDF 2011 Elections

One pre-requisite to be a candidat for the BoD of the Foundation is to
be a Member of the said Foundation, as you can see in our ByLaws.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/CommunityBylaws

Another, implicit this time, prerequisite to hold a position of Board
Member of the Foundation is to be familiar with its ByLaws, which one
would be tasked to enforced.

Norbert

Dear John, it looks like you are not a member of The Document
Foundation. This is a pre-condition for applying for candidacy and for
voting, as clearly enunciated in our community bylaws, that you can find
here: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/CommunityBylaws.

We are open to everyone, provided he shows a clear commitment to our
community and contributes in a visible way over a period of several months.

All this is clearly enunciated in our community bylaws.

I hope this explains. Best regards.

John:

You did indeed apply on September 29th[1], and I replied to you on-list[2] asking you to confirm your Membership of The Document Foundation as I could not find you on the member list[3]. I did not receive a reply from you and thus I considered your application invalid under the election rules[4].

If you still believe I have made an error, please provide the links to the evidence to support your claim.

Regards,

S.

As you just did again. I suspect John is yet-another innocent victim of
reply-to mangling. ie. he never got a reply from you because it went to
the list, to which he is not subscribed.

  I forward it to him to check that out; you know my views on the
community-killing characteristics of this default so I'll shut up
now :wink:

  ATB,

    Michael.