[steering-discuss] Candidacy for BoD seat

Hello everyone,

hereby I would like to announce my candidacy for a Board of Directors seat at the Document Foundation.

My name is Alexander Werner, I'm 24 years old and live only a few hundred meters away from Florian, who convinced me to run for for a seat. I'm a physics student and run a small company on the side. I'm also member of FroDev for years and auditor of a German registered association that is active in the electronic sports area.
So I have quite an experience regarding German laws.

I was part of the OpenOffice.org community since fall 2007 when Florian convinced me to join him at the Systems booth in Munich. Soon after that I became member of OOoDev e.V. and was at one more Systems (unfortunately the last one) and at every LinuxDay since then.

I was involved in LibreOffice and the Document Foundation from the very beginning and helped to set up the infrastructure and wrote a little tool for the mailinglists that parses mails and strips html content and attachments and called it pymime.py.
Now I am member of the admin-team and the little tool PyMIME has grown steadily. A complete rewrite is in the works and will provide enhanced scalability as well as a webservice where attachments are available after being striped from the original mail.

I run for a seat at the BoD because I strongly believe in the success of FOSS, and the Document Foundation with its open and meritocratic structure is the right place to support one of the largest and most imporant FOSS-projects.
I think that both my technological as well as legal background will help the Document Foundation. I am experienced with the sometimes restrictive and rigorous German laws, but also understand the needs of a free software developer. I hope that I will be able to mediate between these to worlds.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you,
Alex