[steering-discuss] Running for a BoD-Seat at the TDF

Hi all,

I'll announce my candidacy for a Board of Directors seat at The Document Foundation

Who am I?

I'm Andreas Mantke, 52 years old, maried and father of two boys. I live in Duisburg,
North-Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. I work for a social security institution called
Deutsche Rentenversicherung Rheinland in Düsseldorf. I'm there an office-worker and
had to deal with rules and regulations. Thus I'm very familiar with the German law.

I worked since autumn 2002 for the community of OpenOffice.org. I was there
responsible for the documentation inside the German speaking lang-project for a long
time and started the work on OpenOffice.org Portable there. I wrote also some
documentation myself, that were published on ther projects website.
I worked with the OOo-extensions-site-project since it's beginning and upgraded the
OOoAuthors-Site to a new Plone environment. I gave also some presentations about
OpenOffice.org (Portable) at conferences and other events and run some bothes
together with other project members. I'm with TDF and LibreOffice since it's
announcement.

I'm one of the founders of the German association Freies Office Deutschland e.V., but
I have no special role there.

What have I done for TDF / LibreOffice?

I continued my work with presentations and running both together with other project
members. Thus we had a both at the Open Rhein Ruhr in Oberhausen and at the Cebit in
Hannover. I set up a new environment for the former OOoAuthors-team (now ODFAuthors)
and the German speaking documentation team. I did also some Easy Hacks on the
LibreOffice code base (especially translation of comments).
Currently I'm working on the new LibreOffice extensions and template repository and
cooperate there with the Plone community.

Why do I candidate for a seat in BoD?

I'm very convinced that we need an open source and free software office suite and
that this development should be done under the hat of our own independent
meritocratic organisation. Thus I'm supporting The Document Foundation from is
announcement. If I'll be a member of the board, I'll work together with the other
board members to shape and grow up the foundation. I think that I could also help
with the paperwork, especially in relation to German authorities, because I have some
experience with this from my daily job and know the German language well ;-).

If you have questions, please ask.

Cheers,
Andreas