[steering-discuss] Candidacy for BoD seat

Dear All,

I would like to announce my candidacy for a Board of Directors seat at
The Document Foundation.

Who am I?

I am Andras Timar, a 37-year-old software engineer and technical
translator, father of 2 children. I live in Budapest, Hungary. During my
professional career I worked on various software localization projects
and besides my paid job I took part of the work of free software
community as a volunteer. I have been working on LibreOffice since the
first day, but I was also contributor of OpenOffice.org and Go-OO
before. Currently I am employed by Novell Hungary and I am working with
the SUSE LibreOffice Team fulltime as a "franchise worker".

What have I done for TDF?

I have helped to build the infrastructure and workflow for LibreOffice
localization. I managed that FSF.hu Foundation – a Hungarian non-profit
organization for promoting free software – donated a fast, dedicated
server + hosting to TDF for running Pootle
(http://translations.documentfoundation.org). I am one of the Pootle
administrators, I help localizers to get started, and I am the one who
commits their work to git. I am member of the Engineering Steering
Committee, representing localizers and being responsible for
localization related issues.

Why do I candidate for a seat in BoD?

Majority of LibreOffice users use the suite in their native language.
Therefore localization is very important and I think that it should be
represented in the Board of Directors. Enabling and helping localization
to many languages, including minority languages – that our competitors
do not deal with – should be a strategic goal of TDF.

Your questions are welcome.

Best regards,
Andras Timar