Re: [steering-discuss] Reimbursement for LinuxCon Europe

+1
Kind regards
Sophie

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
+1

From Brussels,
Charles.
Le 22 sept. 2011 11:20, "Olivier Hallot" <
olivier.hallot@documentfoundation.org> a écrit :
+1

(see below)

Em 22-09-2011 05:40, Florian Effenberger escreveu:
Hello,

Italo Vignoli wrote on 2011-09-21 20:08:
I therefore ask other Steering Committee members to approve this
expense, as I would like to apply for reimbursement @ SPI as soon as
possible.

+1

Which, however, brings me to two points:
1. Some account balance at SPI would be nice, so we know what we can
spend

Yes, but a budget for the spending should be in place. That is
fundamental to understand the limits of the spendings and will be the
ultimate criteria for refusing a demand.

2. Should we come up with some sort of travel refund policy, at least
a preliminary one?

Absolutely. Usual best practices apply. My take:

1) always through expenses report (no valid proof of purchase, no refund),
2) limited spending per day on food, accomodation and local
transportation.
3) approval in advance by the SC/ BoD simple majority.
4) other fees under request (e.g. tickets, registrations fees for
business events, etc...)
--

Olivier Hallot
Founder, Steering Commitee Member - The Document Foundation

deleted