[steering-discuss] funding key Windows cross-compilation work ...

Hi guys,

        For various reasons this proposal has fallen through the cracks enough
times, and had enough effort put into it that I believe it is best to
fund it ourselves. Indeed, I believe we had informally agreed this some
time back, but I forget the exact details.

        I propose that we vote to pay for this critical work - which can free
up Windows developers (from tedious manual work tending to manual
windows builds). That should give more spare cycles to allow for Windows
specific bug fixing, improving our product on that platform. It should
also democratise the windows building process, so that anyone can
produce windows binaries, opening up lots of possibilities. More of the
rational is written up in the document.

        Additionally Lanedo have kindly agreed to match the Eur 5k funding thus
doubling the effectiveness. I would like to propose that we vote on
approving funding for Lanedo to perform this task.

        Thanks,

                Michael.