Re: [steering-discuss] Base - a new mailing list?

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Jonathan Aquilina
<eagles051387@gmail.com> wrote:
Why not find a way to integrate connectivity to all the major databases such
as mysql and MsSQL servers?

Yes, that would be great indeed.

I can hear Michael Meeks thinking, "Well start developing the code then."

Anyway, I think it would be a great pity to give up on Base, because
it has the potential to be an enormous power feature of the
LibreOffice suite.

As a general thing in the LibreOffice project, I think we need to
think seriously about a determined recruitment drive, for Base and for
various other areas of the project. Just waiting for people to
volunteer does not seem to be enough to cater to our needs for
contributors.

Marketing guys, can you give this consideration?

--
David Nelson