Re: [steering-discuss] Off-topic - please move to discuss@

2011/9/13 Thorsten Behrens <thb@documentfoundation.org>

Hi David,

you wrote:
While I'm sure that people understand that the SC can't create
resources (manpower or financial) out of nothing, there is nonetheless
a not-inconsiderable number of people that would like to see the SC
regard Base as an urgent issue for which to try and find *some*
solution: fix it? Bring in another database product with an active
developer community to replace it?

Personally, I do consider the situation around Base as not
satisfying - whether it is urgent yet I cannot fully ascertain,
since I don't really use it.

Hi =)

I understand you are not one of those who would work on Base at this moment,
just like Tom and the others he's citing are willing.

Beyond that, what do you expect us to do - since the items you list
there all require significant work?

How about giving them the resources they are asking for developing their
job, and foster their activities? =)

The general notion here was that
having a separate Base list would not serve the purpose - so what
other, concrete proposals are there to discuss within the SC?

The general notion you're saying, IMHO, comes from people who are not
directly involved in Base's issue itself. How many of those people who are
saying "no" to the creation of the new list will be directly working on
Base?

If there are none yet, I'd indeed appreciate it if general
brainstorming would *not* happen on this list.

Maybe you should invite people who are willing to contribute on Base to jump
in this discussion, wherever it should happen.

My 2 cents.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Cheers.

--
Paulo de Souza Lima
Técnico em Eletrônica e Administrador

"For people to achieve peace in their relationships, spiritual peace and the
peace among people, it's necessary, earlier, to win the internal battle
between virtues and defects" - Talal Husseini - Acropolitan Philosopher