Re: [steering-discuss] Off-topic - please move to discuss@

Hi David,

you wrote:
While I'm sure that people understand that the SC can't create
resources (manpower or financial) out of nothing, there is nonetheless
a not-inconsiderable number of people that would like to see the SC
regard Base as an urgent issue for which to try and find *some*
solution: fix it? Bring in another database product with an active
developer community to replace it?

Personally, I do consider the situation around Base as not
satisfying - whether it is urgent yet I cannot fully ascertain,
since I don't really use it.

Beyond that, what do you expect us to do - since the items you list
there all require significant work? The general notion here was that
having a separate Base list would not serve the purpose - so what
other, concrete proposals are there to discuss within the SC?

If there are none yet, I'd indeed appreciate it if general
brainstorming would *not* happen on this list.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten