Re: [steering-discuss] Off-topic - please move to discuss@

Hi Florian,

this is the *wrong* list to discuss about base. *Please* move the discussion
over to discuss@, as Thorsten asked.

Well, maybe it's not really so off-topic, IMHO. I think it's an issue
that Tom - and maybe even others - really want to put before the SC.
Every time I read about Base in the lists, people seem to be
complaining that not only is it not improving or being developed from
release to release but that it's even regressing over time.

Yet, IMHO, having a database component in LibO is a tremendous asset,
both functionality-wise and marketing-wise.

While I'm sure that people understand that the SC can't create
resources (manpower or financial) out of nothing, there is nonetheless
a not-inconsiderable number of people that would like to see the SC
regard Base as an urgent issue for which to try and find *some*
solution: fix it? Bring in another database product with an active
developer community to replace it?

2 cents.

--
David Nelson