Re: [steering-discuss] Base - a new mailing list?

Hi,

Tom Davies wrote on 2011-09-11 19:41:
As i understand it the current infra-structure is leading to Base gently crumbling away through
neglect.  Experienced devs steer well away from Base.  New ones need to learn more understanding
about coding or about Base or about both.  Every time an individual joins and is keen to work on
some aspect of Base they realise it's a completely tangled mess and they would be the only person
working on it so they get discouraged and give-up.

I doubt you will create more interest with yet another mailing list. What I would propose: Actually start *working* on Base, may it be documentation, code or any other aspect, and *then*, when there is enough discussion traffic, we can talk about another list. All other program modules currently have no need for their own list, so I would not make an exception for Base, but rather see if there is really a demand...