Re: [steering-discuss] SPI donation page

Hi Simon, all,

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

On 11 Sep 2011, at 11:57, Sophie Gautier wrote:

- have an address (e-mail) where the donation notifications should be
sent. As the liaison, I can give mine
(gautier.sophie@documentfoundation.org) if you want

While there's no problem at all doing this, my experience in multiple groups suggests it's better
to create a role alias like spi-donations@documentfoundation.org and then subscribe at least two
people to it. This delivers at least two benefits:

* When the responsibility changes, it is a purely internal matter to redirect the messages;
* Having an alias allows the responsibility to be shared so that people can take a vacation!
Always forget about this, so long time I didn't have one ;)
You're right of course, providing an alias is the best.

In other contexts it's also helped with record-keeping (if the alias includes an archiver), audit
and transparency.
+1
Kind regards
Sophie