Re: [steering-discuss] Certification of end-user skills

On 7 September 2011 15:56, Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi :)
"Bad" was not really the right word.  "Negative" would have been more apt.
Anyway the point is that i mis-read the email and failed to see the
positives.
Written communication is sometimes limited because it it lacks 90% of what
you
get from face-to-face.  On the other hand it neatly gets around a lot of
prejudices so on balance it usually works quite well.

I think we all want LibreOffice to get out there as much as possible and to
have
good support structures, if that's reasonably easily possible.  This and
other
training programmes seem an excellent way to achieve that.
Regards from
Tom :)

Hi all, I'm back from sunny Granada to cool and Cloudy Birmingham :-)

Here is a link to a page with a scan of a certificate with an OOo logo. This
would be replaced by a LibO logo for candidates who are LibO users. The
certificate is in Word Processing - our emphasis is on WP skills rather than
specific "button pressing" in particular products - however, the logo
denotes the context in which those skills were developed and assessed.

The draft handbook for assessors can be downloaded from the Link below the
certificate image.

If there is anything anyone is unhappy about with wording etc please let me
know asap as the handbook is currently being translated into Spanish and we
will need to use it next week. We can always release an updated version
later though. We will be using Lulu for paper publishing and ebooks, pdf,
odt and web pages for digital versions. All Creative Commons licensed so
anyone can customise to their own particular needs. Probably we will produce
multiple language versions using EU grant funding.