Re: [steering-discuss] LinuxCon Europe

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 4:45 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

On 26 Aug 2011, at 10:32, Florian Effenberger wrote:

Hi Italo,

thanks for your engagement!

Italo Vignoli wrote on 2011-08-26 11:04:
Including food, I will spend a maximum of 300 Euro. I am asking the
Steering Committee to approve this reimbursement.

Given that we can pay this from SPI (paying from FrODeV is a bit problematic when it comes to
travel costs and foreign countries, due to tax regulations) - +1 from my side.

The only point we should talk about is "food" - as a general rule, normally reimbursements
should only contain hotel and transportation, but no food. TDF has no rules yet on this, but
maybe we should limit it to that?

That's an odd rule. A reimbursement for a guest or for an emissary should include Travel,
Accommodation and Living. The only place in recent memory that has told me it does not pay for
Living is TDF.

Indeed, even the Tax-Man acknowledge that 'reasonable' meal
re-reimbursement - during a remote mission - are tax-deductible (i.e.
are not a 'compensation in kind').
Surely it is more a matter of 'reasonableness'  and 'frugality' rather
than a question of principle.

Norbert